About the Forum
The Origins Asia Pacific Business Narrative Forum is organised by Shawn Callahan of Anecdote and Patrick Lambe of Straits Knowledge. This year we are hosted by The Institute for Knowledge and Innovation Southeast Asia (IKI-SEA) – Bangkok University, Thailand. The aim of Origins is to foster the practice of business storytelling and narrative techniques in the Asia Pacific region and to build awareness among government agencies and corporations of the power of storytelling and narrative for business. The conference has three objectives
- To build a network of practitioners to deepen the practice of storytelling and story use in organizations.
- To create awareness of the broad utility of narrative techniques for dealing with business issues, their capacity to humanise the workplace, and to help organisations deal with complexity and uncertainty.
- To inspire leaders to take the first steps in applying narrative techniques in their businesses.
Why participate? Narrative methods are beginning to have a substantial impact on businesses, particularly in the following areas:
- staff engagement
- strategy alignment and execution
- issues characterised by complexity
- change management
- understanding cultural and attitudinal differences
- learning lessons
- building a collaborative work environment
- communicating tacit knowledge
Who should participate?
- Leaders of organisations, teams and projects
- Corporate planning and strategic planning roles
- Change managers and change activists
- Managers in knowledge management, organisational development and organisation learning roles
- People in training, instructional design, coaching and mentoring roles
- Corporate communications and internal communications roles
- Branding, marketing and sales roles